Tuesday, March 25, 2008


Women and Power


As we know, many women have confidence issues. They feel disempowered, or have allowed themselves to become that way, and it affects everything they do. It can become almost impossible to get through the day without having to give up on a dream or conceding in an argument. They feel control over the things that they care about being slowly taken away from them. How dispiriting to feel that you have no power to manage the things that impact on your children or loved ones?

Not all of us aspire to running the world, or becoming a Hilary Clinton. I would be happy running my own little world so that everything went smoothly and my family was happy. To me, that is empowerment. Wouldn't it be great if everyone had that opportunity?

Empowering Women is a blog carnival hosted at Modern Goddess Online each month. The carnival is full of insightful articles addressing the issue of empowerment. This is a must-read for all women, and mothers of daughters. Let us bring our girls up as empowered individuals.

A new edition of this carnival will be out in a few days, so come back and read again.

4 comments:

CastoCreations said...

Um...I must say...becoming Hillary Clinton would terrify me and cause me to go a bit off my rocker.

And as a woman I always find it odd when people say women aren't empowered. I've NEVER felt un-empowered. I've never felt like there was anything that I couldn't do. I don't remember a time when I felt intimidated just because there were more men in attendance than women.

I realize that there ARE women who were raised to think that their place was less than important than a man's ... I feel sorry for them and those who raised / affected them.

Anne said...

It is sad to think that not all women are free and empowered, isnt it? We should be thankful for the way we were raised.

Stacey said...

Interesting topic. I look forward to reading more about it.
I'm here via the Aussie Blogger's forum and will be back soon as I find this blog to be a great read.
Thanks!

Michelle said...

It would be wonderful if everyone had that opportunity but blogs like Nicole's and yours certainly go a long way in shedding light on the issue.