Monday, March 10, 2008

Healthy breakfast, anyone?

Fruit and muesli breakfast smoothie.

INGREDIENTS
1½ cups low-fat soy milk
2 tablespoons low-fat natural or vanilla yoghurt
1 ripe banana
¼ cup chopped berries: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
1-2 tablespoons muesli
½ cup iced water

METHOD
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth and well combined. Serve immediately in a tall glass. Makes 2 glasses.

variations: Add a couple of ice cubes for a chilled smoothie. Use leftovers to make ice blocks, pour into ice block moulds and freeze. Add 1-2 teaspoons of raw organic honey

recipe from Art of Healing

2 comments:

Elena said...

I'm finding that I actually don't mind the taste of soy milk. I should try a smoothie like this - espcially as breakfast is not my favourite meal of the day & this might be what I need. Thank you for the recipe. Ciao, Elena :)

Michelle said...

I am not a big fan of a heavy breakfast and this one sounds perfect.