Monday, August 06, 2007

I love my books.


I dropped in at My New Shiny Shoes recently where Michelle was talking about selecting a book to help relax you after a hard day. I am a book-a-holic and I just can't help myself when I pass a bookshop. I have to go in. My favourite haunts are secondhand bookshops where you can find some excellent books at ver little cost.

Although I don't have a lot of time to be creative, I collect recipe books like they are going out of style! I find them inspiring, but very relaxing too. There is no story happening that I have to concentrate on, and they are full of the poosibility that I may one day actually cook from them.

Here is a recipe that I do actually use and it is a Tall Poppy Wonder! Enjoy.

Delicious chicken breast, pan fried, with a bacon, mushroom and avocado sauce.

Ingredients per person:
I chicken breast (skinless),
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated,
I/2 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced,
1/2 onion, finely chopped,
1 rasher of bacon, chopped,
1/2 avocado, chopped roughly,
1/2 cup light cream.
Beaten egg.


1. Lightly fry onion and bacon until almost cooked.
2. Add mushrooms to onion and bacon and fry until almost cooked.
3. Stand onion, mushroom and onion mixture to one side.
4. Dip chicken breast into beaten egg, then press into the parmesan cheese until chicken is coated.
5. Pan fry chicken on a low heat until cooked through. Remove from heat.
6. Put onion, bacon and mushroom mixture into the pan along with the avocado. When heated through, add cream and cook until hot.
7. Serve chicken with sauce and a salad.

4 comments:

Jen / domestika said...

That chicken sounds absolutely delicious -- I'm putting this on my "must try this" list! And I know exactly what you mean about the pleasures of reading cookbooks...

Nicole said...

I'm a book-a-holic too and also have a range of cookbooks in my collection. The recipe does sound delicous and will need to keep it in mind if I'm wanting something different than the "usual".

Sarah said...

I too love recipe books - fortunately so does DH - we are getting quite a collection these days.

The recipe is making my hungry.

Snoskred said...

Oh Yum! I am totally cooking this.. ;) Thanks for dropping over to my blog. ;)

Snoskred
http://www.snoskred.org/