Friday, July 13, 2007

I'm a Winner!


I am very proud to say that I have been given a Schmoozer Award by the wonderful Walks far Woman from Kissing the Dogwood.


What is a schmoozer? I have borrowed the wonderful description that I read on the Dogwood blog.

“Good schmoozers”, says Deborah, “effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship.”

Isn't that a lovely description? I am so honoured that somebody thinks of me as this kind of person. I love reading blogs and encouraging bloggers to keep writing. It is a pleasure for me to read and comment as I flit around the blog scene. To be awarded for doing something I love is fantastic. Walks Far Woman, I thank you.

As an award winner I am able to award others who make a valuable contribution to blogging.

My first award is to the ever supportive and always irreverent Chris from Take a Bite and Apple Tart.

My second award is to Jen from The Domestik Goddess. Jen has a wonderful blog full of interesting finds, but more importantly, she is very active througout the blogosphere. You will find her valuable comments on the bottom of many posts.

My final award goes to Anita de Frank of Direct Sales Industry News. Anita is always the first one to put up her hand to help out her fellow bloggers. You really have to admire that.

Congratulations everyone. You are all worthy of the Schmoozer Award.

5 comments:

Badthing1 said...

Hi Anne :)

We have something in common my dear, as I TOO have just been awarded the Schmoozer Award by Kissing the Dogwood. :)

I am flying high in the sky over this wonderful bestowment and I feel humbled and thrilled that I was recognized as part of this cozy, warm and caring group of people that I've met here in these social networks.

Take care and I'm glad to know you and I look forward to reading your blog when I'm finished writing these words so have a great evening and day tomorrow, ok? waving bye bye

Anne said...

Thanks for dropping by and congratulations on your award. I applaud your blog too. Nring on all things peaceful.

Sarah said...

Congratulations Anne! Well deserved

Jen / domestika said...

Anne, thank you! Such a wonderful compliment - who knew that my incessant babbling (what you've been kind enough to describe as helpful comments!) would win me an award from a blogger I enjoy and respect. This has most certainly made my morning!

Donna-Marie said...

Congratulations Anne. Your blog is great and the award is very well deserved. I'm fairly new to blogging but I'm enjoying reading your posts.