Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I love colour.

Imagine how dull life would be if we couldn't see colour? I love changing colours around and seeing what impact it has on me and my surroundings. Designers and artists have such a great job, playing with colour each day.

Sometimes it is hard to come up with colours that co-ordinate well together and that is where some of my favourite sites come in. Each site allows you to construct a colour palette so that you can perfect your scheme. There are hundreds of palettes already submitted

Dew At Dawn
This is a palette from Colour Lovers and I used it as the basis for the colours on my site at Beauty Banquet. How clever is that? I know the colours work together because I can see them side by side. I don't have to stress about colour balance and harmony. All the work is done for me.

There are literally hundreds of palettes already made and waiting for you. If you need a hand with colour then these are the sites for you:

www.colourlovers.com
http://www.colorschemer.com/
http://kuler.adobe.com/#


Have fun!

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

Thanks for the links Anne, when I finally get my butt into gear and add some colour to my house, they'll be very helpful!