Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Who's Old?
It is a funny thing how my age never enters my head until others start talking about theirs. I think of my number (which shall remain hidden forever!) and find it hard to realise that I have reached that age. I find it hard to realise that I have children, let alone a son who is now as tall as I am.

The one good thing about forgetting your age is that it can't then put limits on you. People over 45 could never do X or Y. Who cares? I'm not 45. I couldn't be that old! I'll give it a go. There are no limitations on the ageless ones, are there?

I was reading a post by Dannielle at She-Essence this morning which talks about exactly the same thing. It is reassuring to know that other people are as vague about time as I am! Dannielle makes a great point when she says "Enjoy the moment." Time flies and we miss so much of what is going on in our lives. How did my tall boy change so quickly from the smiling toddler who was always under my feet?

Which brings me to the next dilemma. Can a 21 year old like me (choke, splutter) have a son of 13? I think that, for the sake of credibility, perhaps it is time to raise my age from 21 to hmmm, maybe 35? Drats, here come those limitations!

2 comments:

DanniLake said...

It certainly comes as a shock sometimes, to realise our actual age!! Great post, Anne :)

Michelle said...

This is particularly poignant for me seeing as I have a birthday coming up in April - lol!