Saturday, March 24, 2007

Confidence in a Box.

I work with women who want to return to work after having time off raising their families. I also belong to a number of Business Women's Networks. All of these women are strong, clever, great jugglers, passionate and deidcated. They are some of the most talented people that I know.

Why am I writing about them? I'll tell you.

It absolutely astounds me that such outstanding people can have such little confidence in themselves. Many have no real confidence at all, yet I think that they are amazing.

Confidence is a strange beast. It is born into some people. Others gradually discover it as they grow. Many people never really have it.

This really upsets me. I don't want to see anyone not fulfill their potential. So I have an idea.


Confidence in a Box.

Send this image to someone that you admire, especially if you suspect they lack confidence or don't realise how inspiring they are. Tell them how good they really are. I want to see these boxes flying around the world. Right click to save the image to your image files.

When you have sent one, let me know. If you receive one, let me know too. Let's boost some confidence around the world.

Don't forget to link back here so that we can follow your progress.

13 comments:

Nicole said...

WOW... what a fantastic idea... I'm off to send my 'Confidence in a Box' around the world. Thanks Anne!

Anne said...

Thanks Nicole, I hope lots of people get a boost from this.

Kylie said...

Anne that is a wonderful idea and I am right there with you in regards to the no confidence thing.

DanniLake said...

I've just sent 'Confidence in a Box' off to a number of women from all works of life! Thanks so much for the inspiring post. It's awesome!! :)

Titania Starlight said...

That is a wonderful idea. I think we have modern society and advertisements to partly blame for low self-esteem .Constant bombardments of what we need to fix with what is wrong with ourseves.

I'll pay it forward. :o)

Michelle said...

I can actually access your blog today and I just wanted to say what a fantastic post you have written. Well done Anne.

Chris Owen (Pink Apple) said...

PHEW Anne!!
At last I've got to this on my to-do list. I can assure you they were really BIG buisness devlopmment tasks i was doing otherwise I'd have been at this much quicker.
LOVE the ide and have blogged ny sharing on it. http://www.pinkapple.com.au/2007/03/confidence_in_a.html

Sarah said...

What a wonderful idea. I have received one. Thank you!!

Anne said...

Thank you to everyone who has helped with this endeavour. I hope that many people have received their own Box of Confidence and that is makes a difference to your lives.

Tracey said...

Hi, My name is Tracey and I operate www.nursingwear.com.au I have just tagged Helen of Top Secret Maternity with Confidence in a Box. Helen is doing a great job designing breastfeeding clothes suitable for maternity. Watch out for her new winter range on our site. You will love it. The garments are just gorgeous! Well done Helen!!

domestika said...

Anne, thank you so much for sending this to me! I've just posted about the joy of getting a gift of Confidence in a Box, hoping to share the happy "boost" that your email gave me... This is a good thing!

beatrice said...

I have just received a 'Confidence in a box from my husband. I am touched by the idea and the thought. We moved recently to Ireland from the Netherlands, and I have plans to write a book. Good Luck to all that follow their hearts! And, I'll pay it forward!

Anne said...

Thank you so much for letting me know. I am very pleased that the boxes are still working their way around the world. I wish you luck with the book. Let us know how you go with it.